Introduction to Repatriation: Principles, practice and policies
- PD course (without assessment): $2600
- PD course (with assessment, non award): Domestic students - $3360, International students: $5260
- Participants must cover their own travel to and from Adelaide Airport
- Local travel and catering - Indicative cost $300
- budget accommodation - indicative cost $420
- PD course (without assessment) - register for course and book accommodation, travel, and part-catering using the registration form
- PD course (with assessment) - enroll through student admin, book local travel, catering and accommodation via registration form
- MUSC8019 students -enroll through student admin, book local travel, catering and accommodation via registration form
- PD course (without assessment) - pay course fees and costs via registration form or with credit card via payment payment portal.payment portal.
- PD course (with assessment) - pay course fees to student admin, pay costs via registration form or with credit card via payment portal.payment portal.
- MUSC8019 students - pay course fees via student admin, pay costs via registration form or with credit card via payment portal.payment portal.
This course is available in three options:
- As a Professional Development short course (without assessment) for anyone interested in repatriation (see details below)
- As a Professional Development short course (with assessment) for anyone interested in repatriation and who also wishes to be able to use the course as a credit towards ANU Masters courses in the future.
- To ANU students as Masters Course MUSC8019
COURSE DETAILS AND COSTS
A. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT ASSESSMENT
You will need to prepare for, attend and participate in intensive classes, however you do not complete any of the assessment items and will not receive a formal grade.
You will receive a certificate of attendance, and the benefit of expanding your knowledge on repatriation
You cannot use the attendance at the course towards a degree program at ANU or any other university. If you wish to gain status (credit) for the course, you must apply as a non-award student (see below) or apply for the full degree program
HOW TO APPLY
Complete and return the Professional Development registration form.
Applications should be received by August 30th (extensions may be possible, subject to availability – please contact us)
Fees, Extra Costs and Grant details
Fees:Professional Development Course Fee for 2018: $2,600 incl GST
Extra CostsParticipants must arrange and pay for their own travel to and from the Adelaide Airport , arriving 1st September.
We can also arrange the following options:
Accommodation venues: Tailem Bend'
How to Pay
Full payment is required by August 30th and is payable direct to the National Centre of Indigenous Studies by credit card, cheque, money order or invoice. Please submit details on the registration form and you can pay through invoice process or via credit card using the payment portal.(extension of payment deadline may be possible, subject to availability – please contact us).
If you would like us to book these for you, please indicate on the registration form. Full payment is required by August 30th and is payable direct to the National Centre of Indigenous Studies by credit card, cheque, money order or invoice (extension of payment deadline may be possible, subject to availability – please contact us
Grant to cover course fees:
If you are a community member without organisational support you can request a grant to cover the cost of the without assessment course fees. Please apply in the relevant section of the registration form.
You will still need to cover your own travel, catering and accommodation or ask us to book these for you:
B. Professional Development With Assessment
You will fulfil all course requirements, including attendance and assessment, and will receive a formal grade at the end of the course. Taking a single subject with assessment is called 'non-award enrolment'.
If you are unsure about whether to pursue a full degree program but have an interest in repatriation, we encourage you to enrol in individual courses that form part of the Masters Program. This is called non-award enrolment. Non-award enrolment is study that does not lead to a degree.
If you would later like to enrol in the following Masters degrees, you will be able to count your non-award courses as status towards that study (within seven years):
How to apply
Fees and Extra Costs
Non-Award Course Fees (paid direct to student administration)
Domestic Students: $3360
International Students: $5260
Non-award students pay the same fees as any other Masters student. Students taking single courses (non-award students) are not eligible for support from the Australian Government FEE-HELP program.
Domestic student fees are payable by Australian citizens and permanent residents, and New Zealand citizens. International student fees are paid by students who are not Australian or New Zealand citizens, or do not have Australian permanent residency status. Please note: international students must already hold the appropriate Australian visa.
For more information on the Australian education system please go to the government website StudyAssist.
Non-Award extra costs (paid direct to NCIS)
Participants must arrange and pay for their own travel to and from local airport (TBA) , arriving 1st September
NCIS can arrange the following options:
To purchase these options, please use the registration form to indicate what you require. You can pay through invoice process (details on registration form) or via credit card using the payment portal.
Full payment is required by August 30th and are payable direct to the National Centre of Indigenous Studies by credit card, cheque, money order or invoice (extension of payment deadline may be possible, subject to availability – please contact us)
C. ANU Students as Masters Course MUSC8019<
ANU students can enrol in this course in the usual manner. Please liaise with student administration if you have any problems/questions.
Please pay for accommodation, catering and local travel at costs given above via the registration form or with credit card payment via the payment portal